For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 we are a data controller. Our ICO Registration Number is 00045023734.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM KNOWERS
When you access the Website or use our Services as a Knower, there are a number of ways in which you provide information and other data to us. You may be asked to provide us with the following personal information: 1) your full name, 2) email address, 3) physical address, 4) telephone number, 5) bank details, 6) date of birth, 7) occupation, 8) gross household income band 9) preferences and values. By accessing the Website or Services, you consent to us processing and collecting this data, on the terms and for the reasons which are explained below.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM HOTELS
When you access the Website or use our Services in the course of business (as a Hotel), we may collect business information from you, including the following: 1) your business name, 2) email address, 3) physical address, 4) telephone number, 5) preferences and values. By accessing the Website or Services, you consent to us processing and collecting this data, on the terms and for the reasons which are explained below.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
As is true of most websites, it will be possible to gather information about your computer or device such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system. This information and the information gathered above may be used to:
- drive future product development in line with customer platform and technology use;
- respond to customer service requests;
- send out a newsletter or occasional product alerts or marketing communications;
- improve the Website or Services and our marketing efforts; and/or
- respond to your questions and concerns
- share with select partners in an aggregated format
Certain features of the Website (such as uploading or downloading content) may need to access information on your computer or device in order to work. By using such functionality, you consent to us accessing your device and information. If we can, we will ask you before the Website accesses your device or information.
HOW TO EDIT, DELETE OR ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION
Use of our portal for your consumer or business purposes is intended to be self-managed as far as uploading and updating account information is concerned. In line with our Website Terms and Conditions, you are responsible for the content and information that you upload onto the portal. It is your responsibility to ensure that any content or information you upload is accurate and up-to-date. If you have any questions on editing, deleting or accessing your information, for Knowers, please write to us at email@example.com, for hotels, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
Except as described below, we will not share your information with any third parties.
We may disclose the information you provide us:
- to any of our group companies (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985);
- to any of the affiliates, subcontractors and third party businesses we work with in order to provide you with our Services;
- as required by law, any applicable regulation to protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves or others. This may include disclosing to other companies and organisations in connection with fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- if The Know is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, to any prospective seller or buyer of all (or part of) our business or assets. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information;
- to any other third party we contract with not identified above.
Information shared with the above, with the exception of our contractors and subcontractors, is submitted in aggregated format, so that you cannot be directly identified by any information shared. Moreover, no one with whom we share your information will be able to contact you by means of the information shared. We will never pass your information to a third party for them to use in their own direct marketing without your express consent.
The security of your personal information is important to us. All information you provide to us is stored in an encrypted database. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services via the Website or our Services. Once your account has been deleted, we will only retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. All payment data will be encrypted. You must keep passwords confidential. Please don't share them. Although we do our utmost to provide protection, we cannot guarantee complete security for your data. If you wish to cancel your account or are no longer a Knower and want to request that we no longer hold your personal information, contact us at email@example.com.
We may contact you from time to time about The Know, including marketing messages relating to us. We will do this electronically, for example by email.
We may contact you with information about our products and services and those of specially selected KnowOpps that may be of interest to you, in line with your marketing contact preferences provided to us through the Website. All such communications will come from The Know.
You may tell us at any time if you do not wish to receive marketing messages from us by editing your email preferences on the Website or by following any instructions we may include in the messages we send to you.
USE OF LOCATION DATA
The Website may make use of location data sent from your mobile device. You can turn off this functionality at any time by turning off the location services settings for The Know on your mobile device. If you use these services, you consent to us and our partners’ and licensees’ transmission, collection, maintenance, processing and use of your location data and queries to provide and improve location-based products and services. You may withdraw this consent at any time by turning off the location services setting on your mobile device or on The Know.